Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Working out

Over the course of the last year I've started working out a bunch (mostly due to a diabetes scare and the resulting need to lose weight). So I've become extremely into working out, I enjoy it like I never thought I would. It has helped not only with weight loss, but also with my anxiety, my concentration ( I have ADD), and it's given me a new hobby to obsess about. Through friends and loved ones I've acquired a bunch of home gym equipment and I'm happy that I can now work out at home as well as at the gym. I'll never be a runner but I'm happy that asthma and a bum hip no longer keep me from enjoying a nice run when the weather permits.
Today I hit a personal best while running, ( a whole 3/4 mile without stopping) and I felt the need to write about it somewhere. Since this is my new outlet for all things me I thought I would write about it here. I promise working out won't creep in here too often but I've gotten so into it that it would be a shame if I didn't include it occasionally. Also, I've promised myself that I have to write on here at least three times a week, and I didn't have anything terribly geeky to write about today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment